According to research by Dr. Fred Luskin of Stanford University, a human being can have around 60,000 thoughts per day.
90% of these are repetitive and up to 80% of them are negative!!!
Affirmations are a powerful way of reprogramming your thoughts.
Since the reality you have now is based on the thoughts you are thinking, it makes sense to invest time and energy in upgrading your internal thought system.
Here’s how to do that:
STEP 1. Write down what you want to believe or what you want to be, do, have or achieve in each of these areas – circa 3 – 5 statements:
– Life: what general beliefs do you want to be repeating to yourself daily about life? E.G. Life supports me. Everything is happening for me, not to me.
– Work: how do you want to feel about your work? What do you want to achieve?
– Health: what kind of energy levels do you want to have? What condition do you want your body to be in? What particular ailment do you want healed?
– Money: what kind of mindset do you want to have around money? How do you want your bank account to look? What habits do you want to let go of? (write the positive habit that you will replace that habit with)
– Family: what kind of a relationship do you want with family members? How do you want to be in relationship to them?
– Love Interest: what kind of love relationship do you want? What qualities are important to you in that person? How do you want to be in that relationship?
– Friends: what is your ideal ‘friends’ scenario? Lots of friends or a few good close ones? How do you want to show up in those friendships?
– Environment: what kind of home do you want to live in? How do you want to feel in that home? How do you want to treat it? What is the surrounding area like?
– Experiences: what kind of experiences do you want to have? What’s on your bucket list?
– Achievements: are there particular goals that you would love to achieve? A feat you want to achieve or a prize you would love to attain?
– Spiritually: what kind of a relationship do you want to have with God / life / the universe? How active do you want your practice to be?
STEP 2: Write all of the statements in the present tense with “I am so happy and grateful that I….”. Be sure that all the affirmations are positive ones. For example, instead of saying “I’m so happy and grateful that I don’t say hateful things anymore to my partner” you could say “I’m so happy and grateful that my words are loving and kind to my partner at all times”.
STEP 3: Recite them every morning from a place where it feels like they are your reality already – because maybe they are. Maybe you just need to tune into that ‘radio station’ through your feelings in order to experience it .
Make reciting them a daily habit.
If you join ‘Ignite Your Fired-Up Life’ you will be invited to recite them each morning as a daily discipline. It’s an incredibly powerful exercise and gets great results if done consistently.